The third annual ACM FAT* conference brings together researchers and practitioners interested in fairness, accountability, and transparency in socio-technical systems. It builds on the success of the inaugural 2018 conference held in New York, and the 2019 conference held in Atlanta.
In this edition, our goal has been to sustain and further improve the high quality of computer science research in this domain, while simultaneously extending the focus to law and social sciences and humanities research. To this end, we have appointed dedicated selection committees and track chairs securing excellence in computer science (CS), social sciences and humanities (SSH), and legal scholarship (LAW), thus creating a rich program centered on computer science with strong and diverse cross-disciplinary components. We are also delighted to host this conference in Europe for the first time, and have done our best to reflect and emphasize issues and research in Europe on these topics.
ACM FAT* 2020 will be held in Barcelona from Monday 27th through Thursday 30th in January 2020. The program schedule is available.
To receive news about ACM FAT*, follow @fatconference on Twitter and join our mailing list fat-announce.
- January 16th, 2020 Information about the venue and local transportation is available.
- January 8th, 2020 A third round of financial support is open.
- December 26th, 2019 A detailed program schedule is available.
- December 11th, 2019 A preliminary program schedule is available.
- November 20th, 2019 Keynote speakers are announced.
- October 17th, 2019 The list of accepted tutorials is available.
- October 11th, 2019 A diversity and inclusion statement for this edition of the conference is posted.
- October 10th, 2019 Registration fees are announced and online registration is open.
- September 16th, 2019 The Doctoral Consortium Call for PhD students is open.
- September 12th, 2019 We are now reviewing 48 tutorial proposals and 52 CRAFT proposals.
- September 4th, 2019 Preliminary information about financial support is available.
- August 23rd, 2019 We received a record number of submissions: 291 papers, or an 80% increase in submissions from the previous year.
- August 14th, 2019 Our sponsorship policy is available online.
- July 23rd, 2019 The paper submission site (HotCRP) is open for submissions.
- July 15th, 2019 The call for tutorials and CRAFT call are available
- July 5th, 2019 The call for papers is available
- June 5th, 2019 A preliminary call for papers is available